Vespa V50 V90 V100 Prim ET3 PK50-125S SIP Vape Road AC Electronic Kit
Product Code: BD16595
We're pleased to offer FREE UK Delivery on orders placed over £100.00.
Delivery is available Worldwide. See our Delivery Information page for further details.
We're committed to providing a great customer service and wish our customers to be 100% satisfied with purchases.
Please review our Returns Information or Contact Us if you have any queries.
All our orders are 100% secure. We know this because our e-commerce system is Level 1 PCI compliant and uses 128 bit SSL encryption to ensure credit card data is secure.
Which is the same level of encryption used by large banks around the world.
Powerful and reliable ignition as an update for classic Vespa models.
SIP have managed to gain the assistance of a major European producer, VAPE, to manufacture these high-end ignition systems for our beloved Vespas. The materials, production and construction of the SIP PERFORMANCE ignition systems are of the highest quality. The laser-cut logo is a good indication of the overall clean and efficient manufacture of the components of this kit. The advantages of this ignition speak for themselves
- Strong power supply
- Strong, reliable spark
- Particularly stable flywheel
The electrical functions are representative of state of the art modern technology. Due to the eight coils included on the stator-plate enough power is created at tick-over revs to already fully illuminate the Vespas lighting. We have both AC and DC versions available and we recommend the DC type if you wish to power digital components such as the SIP Speedometer, or you require a high battery loading charge. By using the DC version with SIP Speedometer you required a Rev Signal Filter from KOSO. Instead the Rev Signal Filter you can also connect the brown Cable from the SIP Speedometer to the white CDI Cable of the SIP/VAPE CDI with an extra Cable! Setting on Speedometer by using the DC Version is 1 and AC is 6.
The two versions of the SIP-Vape ignition
The CDI module is available as a 'Road' version with a static ignition point, similar to the original item, or a 'Sport' version that includes a variable ignition point which advances at low revs. This increases the available torque - especially at the lower end - and the ignition point is then gradually retarded as the rpm rises into the power-band. This also helps reduce the combustion temperature while simultaneously providing an increased rev-range. The exact adjustment range is shown in the instructions as a diagram. Between 4000 and 8000 rpm. E.g. adjusts the ignition by 8 degrees towards retarded.
The pick-up on the stator-plate is split into two and arranged on top of another instead of next to each other as with the original design. This eliminates the possibility of false positioning during the initial set up due to the sloppy manufacturing tolerances included on many Vespa engine casings, crankshafts, stator-plates and flywheels. The exact ignition point is clearly marked with a precise line on both the flywheel and stator-plate, which allows ignition adjustment without stroboscopic lamp. All you need to do is find out the top dead centre (TDC).
The extremely stable flywheel
One of the most major advances achieved is the production of the fly/fanwheel unit as a single component, avoiding a riveted inner mounting-cone and an uneven rotation. This greatly reduces engine vibration while also noticeably extending the working life of the flywheel side crankshaft bearing. The fanwheel is CNC machined from solid aluminium and delivers an identical volume of cooling air to the cylinder as the original PX 125 and PK items from PIAGGIO, throughout the whole rev-range. The amount delivered by most aftermarket ignition systems is easily surpassed by our design, without preventing higher motor speeds.
The flywheel intended for the smallframe Vespas weighs 1390 gr. and for the largeframe 1660 gr., making them both considerably lighter than their original counterparts. This primarily improves throttle-response, but leaves the motor easily manageable in urban traffic and while carrying a pillion. Our SIP – VAPE flywheels are 100% compatible with the original flywheel remover type.
Technical specifications :
- A relatively high 110W power is available from tick-over for greatly improved lighting.
- Can also power additional electrical components such as a fuel pump, lambda sensor heating, USB power-port etc.
- Precisely balanced flywheel due to its one-piece construction.
- Plug & Play installation without a strobe-lamp due to precise ignition point markings.
- Perfectly arranged rotational mass, improved throttle-response.
- Ideal cooling performance, identical with original straight-finned type.
- Twelve-finned, CNC machined fanwheel.
- RPM linked variable ignition point (SIP PERFORMANCE 'Sport' version).
- Complete delivery includes : CDI, Fly/fanwheel, rectifier (DC), regulator (AC).
- Single woodruff key slot on crankshaft mounting of the flywheel, avoiding incorrect set up.
- High end materials, precise production and laser-cut logo.
Note: When installing a SIP-Vape ignition in the DC version in all PX models with a combined ignition and steering lock (i.e. usually Lusso and later models), special features must be observed: These models with battery have DC and AC circuits as standard the on-board electrics installed. High beam and low beam are supplied with alternating current, which is switched via an output on the ignition lock.
- The original Piaggio regulator can be retained on models that are equipped with a stator plate with 5 cables as standard.
- It gets a little more complicated with models that are serially equipped with an ignition base plate with 7 cables. Here, the on-board network and the controller of the standard 5-cable variant must be converted.