Vespa GS160 Early Vespatronic Electronic Kit VSB1M -> 0036097
Product Code: BD01482
We're pleased to offer FREE UK Delivery on orders placed over £150.00.
Delivery is available Worldwide. See our Delivery Information page for further details.
Returns & Refunds
We're committed to providing a great customer service and wish our customers to be 100% satisfied with purchases.
Please review our Returns Information or Contact Us if you have any queries.
All our orders are 100% secure. We know this because our e-commerce system is Level 1 PCI compliant and uses 128 bit SSL encryption to ensure credit card data is secure.
Which is the same level of encryption used by large banks around the world.
The unique electronic ignition system, 12v 90W with variable timing for the Vespa GS160cc (VSB1M 0036097)
The advantages that the VESPATRONIC ignition provides to racing scooters has also become a welcome improvement and update to the engines of earlier VESPA models. To satisfy these potential customers Max and Tino have developed a range of VESPATRONIC ignition kits to suit vintage VESPAs. The main advantage these modern ignition kits have over the OE PIAGGIO setup of the earlier models is that they are completely electronic. These ignition systems are virtually maintenance free as opposed to the existing points ignition setups on the older machines. Another advantage of the VESPATRONIC system is that the ignition point varies according to the RPM of the motor. More power in the lower end of the rev-range combined with lower combustion temperatures are advantages to every cylinder, tuned or not. Machines equipped with a 6v electrical system will benefit especially in the lights department from the extra power available..
An ideal reliable supply of electrical current, improved torque in lower revs coupled with more stability in the higher end of the rev range: a definite improvement and upgrade for all vintage VESPA motors.
VESPATRONIC ignition kit
Parts Included: Flywheel weight 1490 g, Stator Plate, Flywheel Fan, CDI unit, Lighting Regulator/Rectifier Box, Mounting Tools and Wiring Diagrams for ex Battery and None Battery Models ( see attached pdfs ).
The technical features are as follows:
- Timing adjusts automatically, with a pre programmed curve of up to 8 degree
- High power output, 12V 90W easy starting, greatly improved performance
- HT coil and regulator are both efficient and compact, can easily be fixed anywhere
- The regulator supplies a clean current assuring stable current for long life for bulbs and electrical systems
- Regulator can be used for both AC and DC, battery charge out will even allow you to run a PC or mobile phone!
- The power of the regulator is both powerful and strong, even at low revs there is enough power to run 35W halogen bulbs, giving safe riding night or day
- Twin sparks on each revolution also burns the waste gasses still in the cylinder, greatly reduces pollution
- The easy interchangeable nature of the system and its parts makes maintenance and repair very easy, without the need for specialist charges
- The electrical components can be replaced with just two bolts, with no need to reset or adjust the timing. All parts are checked and tested by us.
- All kits supplied complete including electrical diagram securing spanner and puller.