Vespa PX PE T5 PK50-80S SIP PERFORMANCE Front Brake Cable
Product Code: BD17049
We're pleased to offer FREE UK Delivery on orders placed over £100.00.
Delivery is available Worldwide. See our Delivery Information page for further details.
We're committed to providing a great customer service and wish our customers to be 100% satisfied with purchases.
Please review our Returns Information or Contact Us if you have any queries.
All our orders are 100% secure. We know this because our e-commerce system is Level 1 PCI compliant and uses 128 bit SSL encryption to ensure credit card data is secure.
Which is the same level of encryption used by large banks around the world.
Our SIP PERFOMANCE cable sets revolutionalise scooter cables
Occasionally only a relatively small impulse can have a great effect, which is especially true of the technology involved in tuning vintage Vespas. The fact that control cables play an essential role in their overall function is no big secret. Hardly another form of transport includes such long and awkwardly-routed control cables in its design as a classic Vespa or Lambretta scooter. This can quickly lead to vague feedback from the various connected components and stiff operation. When correctly set up these problems can be minimised, although more modern scooter types remain a lot more user-friendly to the rider. Due to the longer service intervals sometimes involved, extensive research has been carried out in the quest for improved control cables and a number of manufacturers are currently producing types with updated performance characteristics.
for Vespa PX125-150 E '98/MY/'11
- with PE Inliner sleeve
- stainless steel cable
- 2xgear, 1xclutch, 1xthrottle, 1xchoke, w/o PE Inliner: 1x brear rear
Grade AA - first-class repair
SIP decided to take on the challenge by starting from scratch with a completely fresh and modern design. These SIP Performance Control Cables were conceived to be state-of-the-art, introducing a new level of operational control, riding dynamics and handling to any vintage scooter type. To satisfy these high requirements we first carried out extensive research and testing to establish our possibilities within the constraints of current vehicle construction technology.
- superlight actuation
- perfect low friction operation
- specific length of each cable, for each model
The product of this development process, the SIP Performance Control Cables, fulfil all demands made on modern control cables.
- Especially stable, torsion-free cable-outers.
- High-end, race-proven quality.
- Exact lengths for specific scooter models.
- No further modification or adjustment necessary, plug & play!
- Gearbox control cables individually marked (1-1,2-2) at both ends
- Rust-free stainless steel cable inners.
- Welded cable-inner ends.
- All outer cables lined with a PE material.
- 7 x 7 single-strands for the throttle cable-inners, extremely flexible even when sharply bent.
- 19 single-strands for the clutch, brake and gear control cable-inners for increased durability.
- Gear control cables are pre-stretched to ensure precise operation with a rounded profile.
- Clutch and both brake cables are pre-lubricated.
The gears can now be precisely selected every time, with shorter travel required. The clutch becomes much easier to dose exactly while requiring less force at the handlebar lever. The throttle cable can now glide along easily and exactly, especially useful while closing the throttle operation grip. The improved operation of often neglected components by this set of cables provide a minor advantage which has a huge knock-on effect with much improved safety, rider-friendliness and ultimately, the maximum riding enjoyment that can be attained from every vintage geared scooter.
Torsion resistant / PE lining / pre-lengthened/ Welded ends
Conclusion: A simple update that noticeably improves the operation of vintage scooters.